How to Make a Fortune Teller
Materials Needed to Make a Fortune Teller
To make a fortune teller, you will need a few basic materials that can be easily found at home or in a craft store. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Square piece of paper (8.5 x 8.5 inches is ideal)
- Markers or pens
- Optional: stickers, glitter, or other decorative items to personalize your fortune teller.
Make sure to choose a paper that is not too thick, as this will make it difficult to fold. You can use any color or patterned paper to make your fortune teller unique. Once you have gathered all of your materials, you’re ready to start folding!
Folding Steps for the Fortune Teller
Once you have all your materials ready, follow these simple steps to fold your fortune teller:
- Take the square piece of paper and fold it in half diagonally, crease it well, and unfold it.
- Fold the paper in half diagonally in the opposite direction, crease it well, and unfold it.
- Fold the paper in half horizontally and vertically, crease it well, and unfold it.
- Flip the paper over so that the creases are facing downwards.
- Fold each of the four corners of the paper towards the center point, so that the edges meet in the middle.
- Flip the paper over again so that the corners are facing downwards.
- Fold each of the four new corners towards the center point, crease it well, and unfold them.
- Fold the paper in half horizontally and vertically again, and then push your fingers into each of the four pockets created by the folds to make it into a small square.
Congratulations! You have successfully folded your fortune teller. Now it’s time to add numbers and colors to create the game.
Adding Numbers and Colors to the Fortune Teller
After folding your fortune teller, it’s time to add some numbers and colors to make it into a game. Here’s how to do it:
- On the outside of the fortune teller, write the numbers 1-8 on each of the four flaps.
- Lift each flap and write a different color on the inside of the flap.
- Under each color, write a fortune or prediction.
Here is an example of how to label the fortune teller:
On the outside flaps: 1, 2, 3, 4
On the inside flaps: Red, Blue, Green, Yellow
Under each color, you can write fortunes such as “You will find love soon,” “You will receive good news,” “A new opportunity will present itself to you,” or anything else you can think of.
Once you have labeled your fortune teller, it’s time to play! Ask your friend to pick a number, then move the fortune teller back and forth while you count to the number they picked. Then, ask them to pick a color from the four choices you have written on the inside. Move the fortune teller back and forth again while you count to the number of letters in the color they picked. Finally, have them choose another number and lift the flap to reveal their fortune.
Have fun playing with your new fortune teller!
Writing Fortune Teller Fortunes
Writing fortunes for your fortune teller can be a fun and creative activity. Here are some tips to help you write great fortunes:
- Keep it positive: People play with fortune tellers for fun, so make sure your fortunes are positive and uplifting.
- Be creative: Use your imagination to come up with unique and interesting fortunes. You can use popular phrases or quotes, or create your own.
- Make it personal: Tailor your fortunes to your audience. If you’re making a fortune teller for your best friend, include inside jokes or references that only they will understand.
- Use humor: Adding a bit of humor to your fortunes can make the game more enjoyable and lighthearted.
- Don’t make promises: Remember, fortunes are just for fun. Don’t make promises or guarantees that could be taken seriously.
Here are some examples of fortunes you could write:
- “A new opportunity will come your way soon.”
- “You will meet someone special in the near future.”
- “Good luck is on your side today.”
- “You will receive a pleasant surprise soon.”
- “Your hard work will pay off in the end.”
Remember, have fun and be creative when writing your fortunes!
Fortune Teller Game Ideas and Variations
Once you have made your fortune teller and written your fortunes, there are many fun variations of the game that you can play. Here are some ideas:
- Love fortune teller: Write fortunes related to love and relationships. This is a great option for Valentine’s Day or for a sleepover with friends.
- Career fortune teller: Write fortunes related to work and career success. This is a great option for a team-building exercise at work or for a graduation party.
- Birthday fortune teller: Write fortunes related to the upcoming year of the person’s life. This is a great option for a birthday party or celebration.
- Travel fortune teller: Write fortunes related to travel and adventure. This is a great option for a summer party or for a group of friends planning a trip.
- Random acts of kindness fortune teller: Write fortunes related to spreading kindness and positivity. This is a great option for a classroom or for a group of friends looking to do something nice for others.
You can also add your own twists to the game, such as having players ask questions and then using the fortune teller to reveal the answer, or incorporating challenges or dares into the game. The possibilities are endless!
Overall, making a fortune teller is a fun and easy craft project that can provide hours of entertainment. So grab some paper and markers, and get started on your own fortune teller today!